Emergency Dental in New Orleans
Whether you have a busy, active family or are an active adult in New Orleans, you never know when you’re going to need urgent dental care. When you have a dental emergency in New Orleans, seek out a knowledgeable, friendly dentist who takes same-day appointments. A cosmetic dentist, like those at Comfort Smiles Dentistry, can care for your dental health while keeping an eye on your appearance.
When you or anyone in your family has a dental emergency, you need to know where to go. A quick response can mean all the difference between losing your permanent teeth and saving them for restoration. In New Orleans, your best option is the trusted team at Comfort Smiles Dentistry — a one-stop practice for all your dental needs.
This dental spa employs a trained, talented staff that maintains an after-hours urgent dental care hotline, open for those emergencies that happen beyond normal office hours. And you can expect to get the same level of outstanding service from your family dentist who also practices general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry to make sure you receive the best treatment for your oral health and your appearance.
Show Off Your Smile
When you visit Comfort Smiles, your smile is our top priority. Dr. DuBois and his dental team are dedicated to providing you with the personalized, gentle care that you deserve. Our dentist provides general, restorative and cosmetic dental services designed to assist each patient in achieving and maintaining long-term dental health and a beautiful smile.
You’re Covered in New Orleans
The specialists in your dental spa include dentists with expertise in periodontics, endodontics and orthodontics. Very often, you can receive same-day urgent dental care that requires that kind of specialization. You’ll be especially pleased to find emergency care for conditions such as:
Busy New Orleans appreciate the flexibility of the team at Comfort Smiles Dentistry. When conditions worsen and you can’t wait for a regular weekday appointment, your dental emergency is taken seriously. It’s possible to get same-day treatment that includes:
Knocked Out in New Orleans
When teeth are knocked out completely in an accident, it’s called an avulsed tooth. If you or one of your kids experiences this kind of traumatic incident, you want to have an emergency dental team on speed dial. And you need to know the proper protocol for protecting the tooth — or teeth. Follow these steps:
- Call your dentist office immediately so the staff can begin preparations before you arrive.
- Find the tooth fragments as soon as possible and avoid leaving any knocked-out teeth behind.
- Hold each tooth by the chewing surface, careful to not touch the roots if possible.
- Lightly rinse the tooth with bottled or filtered water if it’s dirty. Avoid soap or chemicals, and don’t scrub it or dry it.
- Don’t wrap loose teeth in a cloth or tissue.
- Place the tooth into the socket from which it was knocked out if possible. Push it gently into the hole with your fingers. Hold it in place by pressing lightly with your finger or gently bite down on it.
- Keep the avulsed tooth moist all the time until you reach your New Orleans Dentists.
- If you can’t place the tooth in the socket, put it in a glass of milk. If you have kids who are prone to accidents or play a lot of contact sports, keep a tooth preservation kit handy.
- Bring the tooth with you to the dental emergency appointment.
- Try to see your endodontist or dentist within about 30 minutes of the injury.
- Come straight away, even if it takes longer than half an hour. It’s possible that the tooth can be saved even after being outside the mouth for more than an hour or so.
Build a Trusting Relationship at Your New Orleans Dentist
It’s much easier to contact and talk to your New Orleans cosmetic dentist about an accident when you visit on a regular basis. When your cosmetic dentist has your records and treats all your family members, you don’t need to go through your history before receiving treatment when you have an urgent dental care need.
Your kids learn to trust your family dentist, and you know you can count on your cosmetic dentist to always keep the aesthetics of various emergency treatment procedures in mind. Whether you’re maintaining a beautiful smile or getting a smile makeover, build that relationship with regular visits for:
- Bi-annual checkups and cleaning
- Pediatric dental care as soon as the first teeth erupt
- Braces for you or your teens
- Cavity prevention and fillings
- Teeth whitening
- Crowns and bridges, when needed
- Cosmetic dentist specialties like bonding, veneers, teeth reshaping, dentures, and implants.
Do you have any questions about Emergency Dental (urgent dental care & dental emergency) in New Orleans? Would you like to schedule an appointment with the best New Orleans dentist? Please contact our office.