When you ask, “How much are Lumineers,” the answer depends on what you’re measuring. In terms of your confidence and appearance, the cost is negligible. Insurance doesn’t cover Lumineers, however, so you’ll want to discuss payment options with your New Orleans dentist before the procedure. Lumineers before and after in New Orleans can mean the difference between celebrity status and obscurity.
Veneers for your teeth have been around for some time. Used to correct a myriad of dental concerns, veneers have come under fire because the process of seating them on your teeth requires that a small amount of enamel be removed. The decision to place veneers is permanent, yet removing tooth enamel can cause sensitivity to hot and cold foods and liquids.
Lumineers are different. They’re the next step in the evolution of veneers. Ultrathin, these slender porcelain coverings enjoy the best of normal veneers without some of the drawbacks. Using a special porcelain called Cerinate, Lumineers are strong, lightweight and less than a quarter millimeter thick, in comparison to conventional veneers, which are more than one-half millimeter thick. That slim difference allows your New Orleans cosmetic dentist to bond them straight to your teeth without removing any enamel.
Show Off Your Smile
When you visit Comfort Smiles, your smile is our top priority. Dr. DuBois and his dental team are dedicated to providing you with the personalized, gentle care that you deserve. Our dentist provides general, restorative and cosmetic dental services designed to assist each patient in achieving and maintaining long-term dental health and a beautiful smile.
Lumineers Before and After
Your Comfort Smiles Dentist specialist can help you get that special job or public appearance opportunity because of your smile. Lumineers correct many dental concerns, including:
- Stained teeth from root canal treatments, antibiotic staining, excessive fluoride or large resin fillings
- Worn down or small, misshapen teeth
- Chipped, cracked or broken teeth
- Misaligned, uneven or irregularly shaped teeth that might have required orthodontics in the past
- Odd spacing or gaps between your teeth
- Old, worn-out dental work, since Lumineers can be placed on top of old crowns and bridgework
Using the patented, ultra-strong, ultra-thin porcelain, your New Orleans dentist digitally designs Lumineers to custom-fit your teeth. They’re also more translucent and have the same stain-fighting properties of traditional veneers so they mimic your natural teeth beautifully. The application process is quick, easy and — since no tooth enamel is removed — painless.
The Fitting Procedure for Lumineers
Your New Orleans cosmetic dentist fits your new set of Lumineers in the comfort of a dental spa with all the amenities, usually in two visits of about an hour each. At the first visit, you discuss your desires for your smile with the dentist. The next step involves making impressions of your teeth and jaw, taking photos and possibly X-rays and then sending this information to the lab to construct your custom-made veneers. Since there’s no grinding of enamel, there’s no pain and no temporaries.
The second visit consists of:
- Moderately etching your teeth to ensure a strong bond
- Placing your Lumineers over your natural teeth
- Bonding your Lumineers in place
- Checking your bite to ensure a proper fit
- Comparing your Lumineers before and after photos for your satisfaction
You may have a follow-up at the New Orleans dentist office in several months to make sure the bonds are secure and your gums remain healthy. In the meantime, if you notice anything amiss, contact your cosmetic dentist.
How Much Are Lumineers?
Lumineers are considered cosmetic dentistry, so insurance usually doesn’t cover the expense. Lumineers can cost anywhere from $800 to $3,000 per tooth. However, the cost of not having quality veneers could be the loss of a high-profile job, a loss of confidence or poor oral health.
Many clients have had their Lumineers for up to 20 years. Comfort Smiles Dentistry is able to deliver the smile makeover you crave for your social engagements, your active lifestyle and your confidence.
Pros and Cons of Lumineers
Not everyone is a candidate for Lumineers because of their dental health. In rare cases, due to the thinness of Lumineers, they may not last as long as traditional veneers. Those who have a tendency to grind or clench their teeth may loosen or dislodge Lumineers. They are not repairable. If they are chipped or cracked, they must be replaced.
Many find the benefits of Lumineers far greater than any concerns, though. Benefits include:
- Lumineers may be less costly than traditional veneers or other dental correction options. How much Lumineers cost depends on other procedures performed at the same time.
- These ultra-strong, ultrathin coverings can last anywhere from five to more than 20 years.
- Lumineers are usually ready in three to seven days.
- The thinness and translucency provides the best reproduction of your natural tooth enamel.
- They are considered the prepless and painless form of veneers.
- No prep means no anesthesia, drilling, numbing or grinding required.
- If for some reason your dental health or lifestyle requires it, Lumineers are completely reversible. Your natural tooth and its enamel are perfectly preserved.
The Lumineers before and after effects are striking, providing even coverage, appearance and whitening that looks as natural as your own teeth. Your New Orleans cosmetic dental team takes pride in your confidence with your public-worthy smile and appearance.
Do you have questions about Lumineers in New Orleans? Would you like to schedule an appointment with one of the best Cosmetic New Orleans dentists? Please contact our office.