Actual teeth cleaning costs are far less than the alternative that could include extensive dental work and deep teeth cleaning. Does teeth cleaning hurt? When you visit Comfort Smiles in New Orleans, not only is teeth cleaning painless, but it may even be comfortable.
Like most people in New Orleans, you’ve probably been brushing your teeth for as long as you can remember. It’s such a habit that you sometimes don’t even think about it as you brush. However, you can fall into bad habits that miss certain areas or aren’t as effective. Professional teeth cleaning twice a year in a cosmetic dentist’s office removes the soft plaque, hard tartar and stains on your teeth that your toothbrush leaves behind.
Preventive dentistry is always preferable to fixing issues after they occur. Comfort Smiles in New Orleans ensures your dental health while making your experience as gentle and comfortable as possible. Your New Orleans dentist performs every kind of dental procedure at one location: diagnostic, preventive, and cosmetic services.
Show Off Your Smile
When you visit Comfort Smiles, your smile is our top priority. Dr. DuBois and his dental team are dedicated to providing you with the personalized, gentle care that you deserve. Our dentist provides general, restorative and cosmetic dental services designed to assist each patient in achieving and maintaining long-term dental health and a beautiful smile.
Diagnostic and Preventive Services
Preventive care is quick and relatively easy to maintain. After obtaining good dental health, preventive care requires nothing more than keeping your six-month checkups, as well as practicing good oral habits at home. If you’re anxious about your regular visits or worried about whether teeth cleaning hurts, discuss your concerns with your dental team. They can reassure you.
The dentists at Comfort Smiles check and diagnose any ongoing dental health concerns. These include:
- Cleaning away any plaque and tartar present on your teeth.
- Removing stubborn stains brushing can’t address.
- Checking for any cavities forming on surface areas of your teeth, as well as checking for any suspicious-looking pits, lesions or dark spots. You may receive X-rays for further examination.
- Reviewing and updating your medical history.
- Applying fluoride treatments to strengthen your teeth.
- Checking your bite and chewing patterns to make sure areas of excessive wear are addressed.
- Applying sealants, for children only.
- Polishing your teeth, including any previous dental work to brighten your smile.
- Evaluating your gum tissue. Without good gum health, your teeth don’t have a good support system and may loosen over time. Gum disease affects many people, and if not properly addressed, it can lead to periodontitis, the precursor to tooth loss and other serious dental concerns.
- Referring to any specialists if your dental health dictates such as for deep teeth cleaning.
- Screening for oral cancer to check for any signs in your mouth. Comparing any changes over time keeps you a step ahead of life-challenging dental health issues.
- Cleaning and adjusting your dentures or other dental appliances.
Deep Teeth Cleaning
Your New Orleans dentist prefers preventive dental care because it means your teeth and gums are healthy. The positives of preventive care include:
- Maintaining a healthy and attractive smile at all times
- Lowering your overall dental costs
- Protecting your general health, as dental concerns can be a gateway to other health concerns
- Avoiding the likelihood of dental emergencies
But if you’ve let your dental health routine slide, you may develop gingivitis, the first stage of periodontal disease, or worse. In cases like these, the plaque and tartar get below your gum line, where your toothbrush can’t reach. A deep cleaning gets everywhere plaque and bacteria can hide to clean and disinfect your teeth and gums. Does teeth cleaning hurt? It may be uncomfortable, if it’s deep teeth cleaning.
More Extensive Care
If your dentist finds cavities, also called dental caries, you may need immediate treatment for fillings or deep teeth cleaning. As always, the sooner these issues are caught, the less invasive and uncomfortable your treatments — and the less your teeth cleaning costs.
Small pits or cavities can be filled with bonding material that mimics your natural tooth. Deep teeth cleaning sometimes includes scaling and root planing to halt the progression of periodontal disease. Scaling and root planing is the process of scraping away damaged enamel and bacteria from beneath your gum line. All these methods can save your natural teeth.
Teeth Cleaning Cost
Don’t avoid the dentist because you’re asking, does teeth cleaning hurt. If you keep your bi-annual dentist visits for a check-up and teeth cleaning, you’ll catch any dental issues early, saving yourself money in the long run. The costs of not getting your teeth cleaned can add up quickly.
Besides, most dental insurance covers the regular, twice-a-year visits to encourage the lesser costs of preventive care. And your New Orleans dental team often can work out payment plans to suit your needs. Now you have no reason to postpone your cleanings because the Comfort Smiles team makes it easy, comfortable, and affordable.
Do you have questions about Teeth Cleaning in New Orleans? Would you like to schedule an appointment with the best rated New Orleans dentist? Please contact our office.